Japan Foundation United Nations University JFUNU Scholarships 2020/2021 for PhD Students from developing countries in the field of Science in Sustainability, Development, and Peace at United Nations University ISP, Japan.
The Japan Foundation for United Nations University (JFUNU) Scholarship is available for outstanding applicants from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance, and they will be considered as candidates for the award of the scholarship.
The JFUNU scholarship covers the full tuition fees, and provides a monthly allowance of 150,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months. Travel costs to and from Japan, visa handling fees, and health/accident insurance costs must be covered by the student.
- Course Level: PhD
- Application Deadline: 10th April 2020
- Offered annually? Yes
- Duration of sponsorship: For the maximum of 24 months
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of developing countries listed in the latest OECD DAC list
- To be taken at (country): United Nations University ISP Japan
JFUNU Scholarships 2020/2021 for PhD Students Eligibility
- Applicants must be from developing countries who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Applicants who are currently living in Japan under a working visa are NOT eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants who want to pursue a second PhD degree at UNU-IAS are not eligible for the scholarship.
How to Apply:
Visit the Scholarship Webpage