Cardiff University is currently inviting talented and ambitious Chinese students to apply for Cardiff University Vice-Chancellor’s China Scholarship. It is an excellent opportunity divided into two parts: Postgraduate Scholarship and GAOKAO Scholarship.
The Chinese award scheme carries the aim of recognizing the talent of Chinese students of the university and making higher education affordable for them in the UK.
Cardiff University is a public research university based in Cardiff, Wales. This university came into existence in 1883 and was merged with the University of Wales Institute of Science and Technology in 1988.
Why at Cardiff University? This university is counted among the multi-faculty institutions for the quality of its research. It has 33,190 students representing more than 130 countries. It offers a variety of degree programs, courses, and a great environment as well.
At Cardiff University, there are 36 awards available range from £2,000 up to £5,000.
- postgraduate placements Scheme: Cardiff University is awarding 33 scholarships of £5,000 to outstanding students to support their postgraduate taught programmes.
- GAOKAO Scholarship Scheme: Cardiff University is also awarding three scholarships of £5,000 to exceptional students
- For post-graduate scholarship, the deadline is April 30, 2020
- For GAOKAO scholarship, the deadline is July 31, 2020.
- Course Level: Undergraduate and postgraduate
- University or Organization: Cardiff University
- Department: N/A
- Awards: Candidates applying for the post-graduate program will be awarded £5,000. However, aspirants selected for GAOKAO support will likely to get £2,000 to £5,000.
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Only Chinese students
- The award can be taken in the UK
Cardiff University Vice-Chancellor’s China Scholarship Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Applications for this program are open for Chinese students.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Postgraduate and undergraduate degree in any subjects
- Eligibility Criteria: Requirements are varied depending on the program for which you are applying:
To qualify for a china postgraduate placements
- Must be a Chinese national when your academic application is made and be classed an international fee-paying student
- Must have a bachelor’s degree awarded or to be awarded by a Project 211, Project 985 or Double First-Class Project University
- Must meet the academic and English language requirement (IELTS/TOEFL) and have accepted an unconditional offer by the 18 September 2020
- Must be self-financed (you or your parents are paying tuition fees)
To be eligible for GAOKAO scholarships
- Must have sat the GAOKAO exam in 2020
- Applicants are eligible to study an undergraduate and postgraduate program
- Must have met or exceeded the academic and English language requirement (IELTS/TOEFL) within your offer by the 31 August 2020
- Must have confirmed Cardiff University as your firm choice and be holding an unconditional offer by 31 August, or the deadline set within UCAS Track, whichever is earlier.
- Must be self-financed.
- How to Apply for the Cardiff University Vice-Chancellor’s China Scholarship: To participate in the program, applicants are required to download the application form and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. But, before submitting the application, candidates are required to take admission at Cardiff University.
- Supporting Documents: Following material is required- 1) Postgraduate application: 7th term transcript or completed degree transcript and a personal statement no over 500 words explaining how you are an outstanding candidate for the opportunity . 2) For GAOKAO application: GAOKAO final grades and a personal statement no longer than 500 words explaining how you are an outstanding candidate for the opportunity .
- Admission Requirements: Candidates must check all the entry requirements before starting the application process at
- Language Requirement: Candidates must have met the academic and English language requirement (IELTS/TOEFL)